Thursday 1 October 2009

You're my cuppycake, gumdrop, snoogums - boogums....


ok so i noticed i hadnt posted anything since the incidence of the hippies in trees. alots been going on, i have been to visit my friends in kingston university and their freshers seem much tamer than ours were however they do have some lovely shops and a beautiful view and access to the river thames which made me realise how much i miss living by the sea in kent and i am considering moving in with friends there after university, but its a year away so we shall see.
i start back at uni on monday and i cannot wait, i am seeing my friend sorrel for shopping on saturday and i have a little date on sunday so we shall see... again haha. i also have successfully found myself a job at a lovely little jewellers and start there next week, where i am being left in charge after only 4/5 days there so i am thrilled to find someone has realised my capabilities and feel it will do wonders for my cv, plus i get to window shop while at work hehe :D
i have also decided i need to save more so i found a gorgeous little money box in new look for only £4 after discount, it is a kind of backwards way to save seeing as i spent money on getting it as someone has already pointed out to me but hopefully its forward and helpful from here on.
not much else really, have a few gigs coming up which i am excited about and frieze art fair which also proves interesting, found a couple of new art magasines i reccommend - juxtapoze (about art and culture) and the illustrated ape (art and music) especially issue 28 which features art created by radiohead and maximo park.
OH and there is th tour/exhibition coming up at the national gallery called 'rock and roll london' it says " see beatles to bowie: the 60s exposed then strut your stuff through the streets of london as blue badge guide kevin molloy leads a walking tour illuminating the hip people and funky places of swinging london in the 1960's." it is on saturday the 31 oct 2009 or sunday 1st nov 09 but i think the saturday would be easier for me, it is £20 for concessions for the exhibition and tour and i am going as it will help with my dissotation but if anyone wishes to join just let me know :D
and finally i think we should all buy a pumpkin to carve for halloween to decorate the front porch, and all go to electric ballroom for gothic scary halloweeness :D

the song for this post is going to be: the cupcake song

You're my Honeybunch, Sugarplum
Pumpy-umpy-umpkin, You're my Sweetie Pie
You're my Cuppycake, Gumdrop
Snoogums-Boogums, You're the Apple of my Eye
And I love you so and I want you to know
That I'll always be right here
And I love to sing sweet songs to you
Because you are so dear

the link to the song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a312hgYuIG0
ENJOY! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment