Saturday 11 July 2009

There is a time and a place for everything...



someone tagged a photo i had taken in berlin and it reminded me of a poem i could not quite recall so i looked it up :

To everything there is a season,
And a time to every purpose under the heaven.
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck
that which is planted;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
A time of war, and time of peace.

-Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I then remembered this poem is quoted in footloose which is an awesome film but I love this poem and the photo so i thought i would post it, i love it because it is hopeful, it reminds me and others (i think) that when your down its ok because that is the time to be sad but there will come a time to be happy again and it will be all the more joyful because you have that sadness to compare it to. I am happy at the moment and im glad i held out for that special time to come about, just to remind all my friends if you are down and feel its not worth fighting or things are never going to look up, it is worth it, things will get better and you will never look back :D

2 comments:

  1. Love you petal, I'm so happy for you and Matt, I'm also glad I was one of the first people to know! =D

    Also, I fucking love that picture, because someones spray-painted a Satanic sign over the "Jesus Loves you" bit, lmao!!! =D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks hun, im happy too ^-^
    hehe i no, tis a pretty awesome pic hehe :D

    ReplyDelete