Monday 11 May 2009

My first post

So it seems everyone has a blog, well i have also decided to follow as it were and use this to post about life and my artwork and stuff im just generally interested in. Im a big fan of alternative therapies such as art and music therapy so i decided to call my blog 'music is what feelings sound like' this is as i usually have a song to which i can relate to at the time of any event or turmoil, so in keeping with this i will choose a song related to my posts and display the lyrics :D
The song i am listening to over and over at the moment has to be ' Come in with the rain by Taylor Swift' the lyrics being :

I could go back to every laugh, But I don't wanna' go there anymore, And I know all the steps up to your door, But I don't wanna' go there anymore. Talk to the wind, talk to the sky, Talk to the man with the reasons why, And let me know what you find. I’ll leave my window open, ‘Cause I’m too tired at night to call your name. Just know I’m right here hopin’, That you’ll come in with the rain. I could stand up and sing you a song, But I don’t wanna’ have to go that far. And I, I’ve got you down, I know you by heart, And you don’t even know where I start. Talk to yourself, talk to the tears, Talk to the man who put you here, And don’t wait for the sky to clear. I’ll leave my window open, ‘Cus I’m too tired at night to call your name. Oh, just know I’m right here hopin’, That you’ll come in with the rain. I’ve watched you so long, Screamed your name, I don’t know what else I can say. But I’ll leave my window open, ‘Cus I’m too tired at night for all these games. Just know I’m right here hopin’, That you’ll come in with the rain. I could go back to every laugh, But I don’t wanna’ go there anymore…

I love this song as it for me is talking about how it can be really tiresome keep fighting for something that never really comes about, and no matter how much you want to shut things out you can't. Like its normally leaving a door open but a window is smaller, so more like she doesnt want to give so much anymore but cant bear to completely let go, yet hopes when times get hard (the rain) that person will come back and maybe things will be ok.

2 comments: